POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Reaching (1 image ~23kb) : Re: Got it to work! (attached image ~23kb) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Got it to work! (attached image ~23kb)
From: Batronyx
Date: 12 Jan 2002 19:41:56
Message: <3c40d7d4$1@news.povray.org>
> It's not a mesh 2.  Just a regular mesh.  I figured out what the problem
> was.  The .inc file generated by PoseRay included uv_mapping that I thought
> I had commented out. I didn't want to use the texure supplied by Poser
> anyway.  The texturing was done in an "object" statement in the .pov file.
> I renedered the scene in both 3.5 and megapov 0.7 and got the same results.
> It wasn't until I tried rendering with 3.1 that I found I had missed a bunch
> of uv_mapping tags.  When I removed those everything worked fine!

I forgot about the new uv_mapping abilities of the regular mesh. I guess it
happens there too.

>  I guess
> normals and uv_mapping don't get along well?  I've never used uv_mapping at
> all so I have no idea.

I'm no expert myself, but I would expect that the image the uv coords map into
is declared as a texture statement somewhere. I would also therefore expect one
could add a normal statement there to get bumps. I would also expect that for
good results, it should probably be based on another image(grayscale) but
anything there should produce something bumpy.

I'll have to give it try later. I'm going to need to know all of this soon
anyway.

> Thanks.  Now that I've got the normal to work, I'm going to fine tune it
> 'till I like the way it looks!

Keep pluggin! :)

--
light_source{0,1}#macro c(J,a)sphere{0,1pigment{rgb z}scale a translate J+O}
#end#macro B(R,V,O)c(0,4)intersection{c(V,R)difference{c(-z*4x+10)c(-z*4.1x+